Whether you’re new to the industry, or a successful product manager who uses analytics in their daily routine, there’s always something new to be learned.
We totally hear you – the world of product analytics is vast!
Whether you’re brand new to the industry and looking to learn the basics of product management, or a highly successful product manager who uses analytics in their daily routine, the product analytics space is constantly evolving; and, therefore, there’s always something new to be learned.
We’re here to help – for beginners looking to get their feet wet, or experts looking to sharpen their skills, we’ve compiled a list of courses for you to explore that are designed to give you the tools you’re looking for to find success in the product management and SaaS business space.
Let’s dive in:
Become a Data Driven Product Manager – by Udemy
This course covers all of the topics you need to know how to be a data-driven product manager. Practice makes perfect, so this course is interactive: you’ll examine real-life examples like Airbnb, Facebook, and Google to cover a variety of industries, and be thrown into simulation as a PM at Podcasty.
- How to look at user metrics and business KPIs
- How to look at your data and get insights ️
- How to take action on your data
- How to track feature success
- How to communicate on data with your stakeholders
- How to use tools like A/B testing to make data-driven decisions
Building a SaaS company can be hard, so this course was designed to make it easy for you. It’ll help you understand important SaaS Marketing and Growth Metrics like:
CAC, CLV, LTV, Churn, NPS, and KPI’s Growth Retention, plus ARR that a founder and a product manager should track.
- SaaS Marketing Metrics
- SaaS Pricing Models, Strategies, and examples
- How to build a Software as a Service app
- Benefits of SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Types of SaaS Product and Companies
- And so much more!
This course breaks down the top 10 SaaS metrics everyone should know about. You’ll master the most common Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the SaaS industry.
The course includes:
- Top 10 SaaS metrics everyone must know: MRR, ARR, Churn, CAC, ARPU, CLV, LTV, NPS, CSAT, CES
- A FREE KPI Calculator (Google Sheet/Excel) that includes all discussed metrics – no need to take notes
- Beautiful graphs that you can use for your next presentation
Product Management Fundamentals – by Udemy
This is an easy-to-understand, practical introduction course to product management, where you’ll learn how to build strong foundations in product concepts, processes and frameworks.
- A sound introduction to the world of products
- Understanding value and the value management journey that’s critical to the lifecycle of all products
- Understanding the Adaptive Productizing Process
- Learning the nuances and career track of the Product Manager role
Digital Product Management Specialization – by Coursera
This specialization is geared towards current and new product managers working in digital who want to apply a portfolio of modern practices to developing their products and teams.
Over five courses, you will:
- Create and manage a team charter that drives alignment and autonomy
- Lead from the front with actionable design narrative on your customers
- Create a culture of experimentation with hypothesis-driven development
- Instrument relevant, actionable analytics into your product program
Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals – by Coursera
The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all involved in product success. It’s not an easy job, but it’s a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time.
This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today’s modern product management methods.
- How to create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product
- How to focus your work using modern product management methods
- How to manage new products and explore new product ideas
- How to manage and amplify existing products
Become a Product Manager – by Udacity
This course will teach you how to envision and lead the product strategy of industry-defining products and successfully bring them to market – Product Managers are responsible for designing and delivering a profitable product or feature into the market.
Over the course of four months, you’ll cover:
- Defining product strategy and KPIs based on market analysis
- Pitching a product vision to get stakeholder buy-in
- Designing a user-centered prototype that adheres to engineering constraints
- Developing an execution timeline that handles competing priorities
- Communicating a product roadmap that builds consensus amongst internal stakeholders
- Creating a comprehensive, go-to-market plan based on product KPIs
- Building tests to enhance product features based on market data
Become a Data Product Manager – by Udacity
This course will show you how to leverage data to build products that deliver the right experiences ✔️, to the right users ✔️, at the right time ✔️ You’ll lead the development of data-driven products that position businesses to win in their market.
What you’ll learn:
- Leverage market data to amplify product development
- How to apply data science techniques, data engineering processes, and market experimentation tests to deliver customized product experiences
- Leverage the power of SQL and Tableau to inform product strategy
- Develop data pipelines and warehousing strategies that prepare data collected from a product for robust analysis
- Learn techniques for evaluating the data from live products, including how to design and execute A/B and multivariate tests to shape the next iteration of a product
Product Analytics And Iteration – by eCornell
Once a codeless prototype is built, the product manager needs the ability to assess the product and identify changes to the product roadmap that will fuel success. This is a key area in the product management process covered by this course, as you want to know how people actually use the product. It’s about learning what is and isn’t working, articulating the underlying reasons, and knowing if and when to change direction.
- How to capture necessary data to measure progress against your objectives
- How to validate hypotheses about your users, product, or business ✔️
- How to present your product findings and update the roadmap
User Research – by Product Institute
In this course, you’ll learn how to validate your qualitative data, and dig deeper into the “why” behind your quantitative metrics – those pesky analytics that have everyone jumping to conclusions. We’ll show you how to deliver evidence-based customer insights to inform the direction of your product and help you answer the question “What do I do next?”
It’s broken down into eight units:
- Introduction to User Research
- Preparing Your Research
- Evaluative Research
- Generative Research
- Synthesis and Analysis
- Quantitative Research
- Putting it All Together
These courses are an excellent starting point for taking the plunge into product analytics, or honing your product management and SaaS metrics skills if you already have a solid background in product analytics.
➡️ Check out these product management and SaaS events coming up in 2022.